Positive Parenting – Time Out for Parents (The Early Years) by Datin Indranee Liew (Session 1)
About This Course
Time Out for Parents (The Early Years) is divided into six (6) sessions to review tips and tricks for practising positive parenting.
Session 1 – What’s Being a Parent Really Like!
Session 2 – Children’s Needs
Session 3 – Play and Listening
Session 4 – Parenting Styles and Setting Boundaries
Session 5 – Discipline and Safety
Session 6 – The Wider Family
• Increase your confidence in your skills and ability as a parent
• Help make the relationship between you and your child even better than it is now
• Teach skills to help your children be more emotionally secure and raise their self-esteem
• Work out the best way to effectively discipline your child
• Give you tools to help you in your relationship with your child’s other parent/carer
• Provide you with greater support where you would like it
1 Lesson2h 40m
Session 1: What’s Being a Parent Really Like!
Session Plan 1. The goal of parenting 2. Expectations and realities of parenting 3. Temperament and its impact on behaviour